Condes course planning - discussion forum
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changing magnetic north late in planning cycle

Posted by Peter Gorvett 
Changing magnetic north late in planning cycle
January 07, 2019 12:29AM
Finn,

We are less than two weeks from our event and I realised that the revised map was still magnetic north 2014. Our mapping expert has provided a new map rotated to magnetic north 2018. It is georeferenced and the georeferencing is fine in the new version, but the Condes controls don't match.

I saw the forum post about changing coordinates [www.condes.net] and can see I can't fix it, but can you suggest how we can redo this change so that Condes maintains the same OCAD coordinates for the controls after the change?

At the moment I can think the only option that doesn’t involve trying to adjust every control manually or via a complex process is to ask for the map to be rotated back and have the magnetic north lines correct for 2018/9, but not parallel to the edges of the map.

Peter
Finn Arildsen
Re: Changing magnetic north late in planning cycle
January 07, 2019 12:38AM
Peter,
I am afraid there is no nice solution to this issue. Currently, control site coordinates are stored as “paper coordinates”, and in this case the paper coordinates change when a new, rotated OCAD map is used.

Regards,
Finn
Re: Changing magnetic north late in planning cycle
January 08, 2019 06:12PM
Finn,

Thanks for your prompt response. Must make sure it gets done earlier next time.

Peter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator