Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Symbol

Posted by Maurice Chiu 
New Symbol
April 09, 2005 01:51PM
Hi,

I couldn't import the .wmf file properly as I tried to build up a new symbol. It always show me a "blank" symbol. I am using the latest version of Condes. Are there any standard format of the .wmf files? For example, the dpi, resolution, file size. Please help.

Thanks

Finn Arildsen
Re: New Symbol
April 09, 2005 04:42PM
Hi,

There are no specific requirements on the resolution or file size.

The original symbols come from files with dimensions at approximately 800x800. They were created with a tool called Metafile Companion (www.companionsoftware.com).

If you send me a copy of the .wmf file that will not properly import, I can test it and hopefully I'll then be able to tell what the problem is.

regards,
Finn
Bear Hung
February 03, 2006 03:36AM
Dear Finn,

I am using the Condes 7.5.4. I am trying to import a new symbol in the condes but I can't find any way to add.

Is that a way to add new symbol in Condes (I tried this function in the previous version before). Also, would you consider adding GRAVE as a standard symbol in Condes in the next update?

Many Thanks
Bear Hung
Anonymous User
February 03, 2006 08:43AM
Hello,

Thanks for your mail.

The menu that you use to add a symbol is the "Symbols" menu. It is available only when you close all open event files.

From the "Symbols" menu you choose "New Symbol" and fill in the form that appears.

You design the graphics outside of Condes and "import" it via the "New Symbol" form. The graphics should be stored in a Windows Metafile format (.WMF) file.

I'm not sure that GRAVE is a standard IOF symbol, so I would be reluctant to add it to the standard symbol set.

Best regards,
Finn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2006 08:43AM by finn.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator