Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Additional Text on overprints

Posted by John Warren 
Additional Text on overprints
February 05, 2005 05:14PM
Dear Finn,
I am the lead planner in the 2005 British Relay Champs and have encountered a problem with text graphics and seek your advice.
I have to produce about 90 courses for the event,all of which will be digitally photcopied, and each needs large text letters and course combination codes on the face of the overprinted map in addition to the control descriptions.
Using the 'New Text' option I can add this data to the front of the first course but cannot vary the text for subsequent courses. The only solution suggested is to prepare each course, save it as a 'New Event',export to a CD before returning to the original file to start on the next course when the text can be altered. Is there a more efficient way of working?
Best wishes
John Warren -Wimborne Orienteers

Finn Arildsen
Re: Additional Text on overprints
February 05, 2005 06:22PM
Dear John,
Thanks for your posting with valuable feedback.

If I understand correctly, you wish to be able to place the course name and other course dependent text, as well as the course combination number, on the map, and use a (large) font of your choosing.

Unfortunately, this is not something Condes can do at the moment. I'm working on Condes ver. 8, and this will be one of the many additional features that you'll find in ver. 8.

In the mean time, you can change the various fonts used in the control descriptions, and you can set the size of the control descriptions frame. (Use the Course Overprints / Settings / Fonts Settings menu to change the fonts)

Additionally, due to an unintentional peculiarity, you can also change the font used for the relay combination number. Use the menu File / Common Settings / Fonts settings. The font for Listings / Body text is also used for the combination number, so you can enlarge the combination number font by changing the Body text font. This will, of course, not let you move the combination number text away from its current placement above the control descriptions.

best regards,
Finn

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator