Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changing magnetic north late in planning cycle

Posted by Peter Gorvett 
Changing magnetic north late in planning cycle
January 07, 2019 12:29AM
Finn,

We are less than two weeks from our event and I realised that the revised map was still magnetic north 2014. Our mapping expert has provided a new map rotated to magnetic north 2018. It is georeferenced and the georeferencing is fine in the new version, but the Condes controls don't match.

I saw the forum post about changing coordinates [www.condes.net] and can see I can't fix it, but can you suggest how we can redo this change so that Condes maintains the same OCAD coordinates for the controls after the change?

At the moment I can think the only option that doesn’t involve trying to adjust every control manually or via a complex process is to ask for the map to be rotated back and have the magnetic north lines correct for 2018/9, but not parallel to the edges of the map.

Peter
Finn Arildsen
Re: Changing magnetic north late in planning cycle
January 07, 2019 12:38AM
Peter,
I am afraid there is no nice solution to this issue. Currently, control site coordinates are stored as “paper coordinates”, and in this case the paper coordinates change when a new, rotated OCAD map is used.

Regards,
Finn
Re: Changing magnetic north late in planning cycle
January 08, 2019 06:12PM
Finn,

Thanks for your prompt response. Must make sure it gets done earlier next time.

Peter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator