Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Master file of controls

Posted by Hannu Kauppinen 
Hannu Kauppinen
Master file of controls
September 01, 2018 11:52AM
As we organize events regularly on the same maps, I was thinking about creating a database of all the controls we have used.

As we are using the same control numbers in all events, the import does not work automatically. So I would need to open the source file and renumber the controls before they are imported. Still I would need to figure out how to keep track of when each of the controls was used as with only 3 digits for the control number I cannot add apply any simple numbering logic (like 1831 for control 31 in 2018 event).

Other option would to do this outside of Condes. Here I run into two challenges. The IOF XML does not contain all the details about the controls, so importing the data does not work from there when we reuse controls. And I was not able to find any definition of the WCD file format to be able to read and write them outside of Condes.

Has anyone experience from running such a database or master file? How do you manage the information?
Finn Arildsen
Re: Master file of controls
September 01, 2018 04:06PM
Hi Hannu,

Did you consider using annotations? For each control, you can add annotations to keep "metadata" about each control.

Regards,
Finn
Hannu Kauppinen
September 03, 2018 11:00AM
Hi Finn,

Yes, I considered this, but I was hoping to find a "less manual" approach. Is there a way to update all the annotations of all controls for a event at once or would I need to manually change the control number and add the annotation before running the import to the master file?

Br,
Hannu
Finn Arildsen
September 03, 2018 10:51PM
Hi Hannu

I'm afraid there is not a "write an identical annotation to all controls" feature.

regards,
Finn
Author:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator