Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IOF XML Course Import

Posted by Alan H 
IOF XML Course Import
May 29, 2018 11:35AM
When controlling an event I am happiest when working in Condes, but sometimes planners use other software. Is there any way to import an IOF XML course file or the intention to add this as an option?
Finn Arildsen
Re: IOF XML Course Import
May 30, 2018 05:26PM
Hi Alan

The IOF XML format is mainly intended for transfer of control and course data to an event administration software package. The format does have rudimentary support for control coordinates. However, the format has no support for control descriptions and for the "course layout" (cutting of circles and bending of lines).

This means that the format is not well suited for purposes of transferring course data from one course planning software to another -- essential information would be lost in the transfer.

There could still be a purpose in having an XML import feature. Currently, there isn't one, but I'll put this on the wish list.

The currently most suitable solution, I suppose, would be to create a PDF export from the other software, if it has such capability. Unless, of course, the planner could be persuaded to start using the right software spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Best regards,
Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator