Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to have a maze as part of a course

Posted by a dixon 
I'm planning a course for WOD next week. I'm fine doing linear courses and score courses on condes. What I'm finding difficult is how to incorporate the maze in to my linear course that also has controls outwith the maze.
I have the maze as an overlaid graphics object in one corner of my map.
If I want to have say controls 2-4 and 9-11 within the maze and controls 1, 5-8 and 12-14 outwith the maze how do I show my controls on the map?
Ideally I would have the maze with control numbers shown in position but no lines linking these controls to the ones outwith the maze. The lines would go to a small representation of the maze on the map with a single control circle representing all the controls in the maze. I understand that to do this I just lie controls 2-4 and 9-11 on top of each other on this circle.
What I can't do is then work out how to position controls 2-4 and 9-11 in the maze with no linking lines just as representations of controls so people see where they are.
Finn Arildsen
Re: How to have a maze as part of a course
May 16, 2018 11:05PM
I understand that you have the maze as a separate map file.

To achieve having a course that spans multiple maps, you can place each map on a separate canvas. Use the menu Canvas / Map to configure which map is used on the currently selected canvas. Place your main map on canvas 1, and place the maze map on canvas 2.

To span a course across multiple maps, each canvas needs to have "separate control coordinates". This allows you to place controls individually on each canvas. A control with a given control code can still appear on multiple canvases, but you can move the control independently on each canvas.
Use the menu Canvas / Controls to configure for canvas 2 to use "separate control coordinates"

Create the controls that you need in the maze on canvas 2. Leave those controls out from canvas 1, except perhaps the entry and exit controls for the maze.

Now, the course can span multiple canvases, so use the course window (double click on the course name in the navigation bar) to enter the control codes into the course in the right order.

You mentioned that you already placed the maze as a graphics object on canvas 1. Reconfigure this graphic object to "use the map from a canvas" and select canvas 2. Also check the box "Show the course on the map". Now the maze should appear as a graphics object on canvas 1, including the part of the course that comes from canvas 2.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2018 11:08PM by finn.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator