Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Control description with both pictorial and text

Posted by Ian Shields 
Is it possible to create a control description that includes both text and pictorial information? Looks like it is either/or, but not both. Someone suggested on AP that it helps beginners learn symbols. Seems like a good idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2017 06:15PM by finn.
Finn Arildsen
Re: Control description with both pictorial and text
February 13, 2017 05:15PM
It is currently not possible to combine text and symbols in the same control description.

However, you can place two control descriptions side by side and configure one to be symbolic and the other to be textual. Use the "New Control Description" tool to place a new control description on the map, then double click on it and select "Textual" on the Appearance tab.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2017 06:15PM by finn.
That sort of works. However, If I slide one control description over the other to eliminate redundant columns, part of the second heading is also truncated. I couldn't see how to remove the header rows from the second copy. Also, the order of adding the two descriptions is importnt as I don't see an option to arrange the Z-order.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator