Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gaps in the lines

Posted by Marko 
Gaps in the lines
December 31, 2016 08:12PM
Hello,

thank you for the automatic gap creation when the lines cross! It has often saved some time.

However, there have been a couple of cases when I think the gap has been unnecessary and only made the course a bit more messy. I would have preferred not to have the cut but I couldn't find any way to revert the line. Is there such a feature?

Another note: cutting a gap into the lines with the scissors. Now cutting a gap moves the line unless I click in the very middle of the line. The new points created can be a bit off the middle of the line meaning that the line turns a little bit. I don't think that was the case earlier. I also tried to add two points and cutting between the points but it didn't solve the problem, the points weren't automatically placed exactly on the line, thus the line turned a bit unless I was very precise. This is of course just a small irritation but for a perfectionist like me it is nevertheless an irritation.

Happy new year and thank you for a great software!
Finn Arildsen
Re: Gaps in the lines
January 01, 2017 10:24PM
Hi Marko

Happy New Year to you too!

Condes 9.4.2 introduced a feature that automatically cuts leg lines when they cross a circle or a control number.
Unfortunately, when exporting to PDF, and the export scale differs from the map scale, some unexpected cuts may appear. This problem will be eliminated in the coming release 9.4.3.
There is currently no settings related to this feature. This means that it is not possible to turn it off. Settings will be added in a later release.

You mention that you have observed that points added with the scissors tool may deviate slightly from the straight line. I understand what you mean, but have not been able to reproduce such an effect. Could you e-mail me an example file?

Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 2 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator