Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Purple Definition

Posted by Michael 
Purple Definition
December 06, 2016 11:37PM
I'm seeking some knowledge about how Condes treats purple. With digital printing, providing for the common colour-blind eyes at the same time as normal eyes is difficult, and the discussion elsewhere revolves round a CMYK formulation based on magenta with a percentage of cyan. All I can find in Condes is a colour picker, and the ability to specify custom colours in RGB. I can't see what the default course colour is.

I'm sure that Condes is based on a lot of experience and thought, I would just like to compare that with other discussion, and my experience with specifying purple symbols directly in OCAD. Excuse me if I have overlooked something in the help or phorum.
Finn Arildsen
Re: Purple Definition
December 07, 2016 03:17PM
Hi Michael

The standard Condes course colour is indeed specified in the RGB (Red-Green-Blue) domain as [R=204,G= 0, B=255]. This corresponds to C=20, M=100 in the CMYK (Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-blacK) color domain, i.e 100% Magenta and 20% Cyan, which is a universally agreed best practice value for the course overprint.

Whenever Condes outputs to a format that supports CMYK, the configured RGB course colour is converted to the corresponding CMYK value. This happens when printing to a PostScript printer, and when exporting to EPS and PDF. When printing to a non-PostScript printer, the RGB value is used, as Windows printer drivers are based on RGB colours.

You should be able to see the Condes standard colour value by resetting the colour to the Condes standard value, and then clicking the select colour button to open the colour picker. The value shown in the colour picker should be the configured value.

There is an item on the wish list for new features that it should be possible to configure the course colour as a CMYK value. This means adapting the existing colour picker to support entering a CMYK set of values. This item is fairly high in priority rank.

I hope this addresses your question.

Regards,
Finn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 03:19PM by finn.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator