Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Controls Spreadsheet View

Posted by RS 
Controls Spreadsheet View
December 02, 2015 09:03AM
Hi,
It would be really great if the Controls Spreadsheet also had a column for the textual description and for score events the points for each control.

I am planning a score event, and some of the controls have a question to answer. I am creating a Word doc for the course description and would be great if I could just export these details somehow (or have I missed this option). I am using Condes 9.2.1
Thanks
Richard
Re: Controls Spreadsheet View
July 13, 2016 12:12PM
I want to try Condes for rogaines with question-answer controls, and
(a) like RS would like a question (perhaps input as "additional text") to appear in-line in the descriptions
(b) I can't seem to get the score to appear in my descriptions
(c) No matter how I change the settings in the appearance dialogue, I'm getting control code in column B and nothing in column A.

Perhaps my way of working has led to this. It's my habit to LETTER controls to begin with, to lessen confusion with the score. Towards the end of the planning process the scores are firmed up; and then finally the controls are renamed to the rogaine convention in which the first digit of the number represents the score.So my test had controls A, B and C, to which I gave scores, and then I renamed them to 10, 11 and 22.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm on 9.3.4.
Finn Arildsen
July 13, 2016 12:39PM
Hi Michael

I'll jump right into answers :-)

(a) When you double click on a control circle you get the Control dialog window that allows you to define the symbolic control description. This window has various tabs, called "Control Description", "Circle", "Texts, ...", "Control Unit ...". On the "Texts" tab, you can enter an additional free text that is shown in the control descriptions sheet below the control description for the relevant control.
(b) To get the score appear in the control descriptions for a course, the course needs to be designated as a "Score-O" course. This can be done in the Course dialog window, which opens when you double click anywhere on the map outside of control circles.
(c) This is the standard behaviour for the "all controls" view. Is this, by any chance, what you are looking at?

The naming of the controls should have no effect on the above; it is fine to use letter codes intitially, and later change them to numeric codes.

Regards,
Finn
July 15, 2016 02:20AM
Thanks Finn. You're right, some of my problems come from failing to select my course. But others come from my preferred description layout which I suspect will vary all round the world. Eg I want the question to be on the same line as the description, and a blank box for the answer, etc. Rather than ask you to provide more and more options for description layout, could you export the description stuff (text only) as say a csv file and let the user muck around with it later. As far as I can see the copy to clipboard is as a graphic object. Excuse me if the facility is there somewhere, you have been so helpful with requests that there are tools all thru Condes that are sometimes hard to find:-)
Finn Arildsen
July 15, 2016 11:12AM
Oh, you are absolutely right. It can sometimes be difficult to arbitrate contradicting feature requests.

However, there is not (yet) a textual copy to clipboard feature hidden somewhere ;-)

You can enter your own free format textual description of a control. This text could also include the question. And the additional text box could be (almost) blank if you simply place a colon or a hyphen there.

Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 4.88 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator