Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Taped routes

Posted by Dennis Hooton 
Taped routes
January 21, 2004 12:00AM
I have a taped route between controls. I have added 'follow taped route to the next control' to the first control (addtional text) so that it appears on the description sheet. However, on another course the same control is used for a different leg and unfortunately the 'addtional text' appears unwantedly. Can this be avoided?

Finn Arildsen
Re: Taped routes
January 21, 2004 12:06AM
Yes. From version 7.4.2 you can specify for a leg that it should be marked, and this will be reflected automatically in the control descriptions.

Double click on the leg line, and tick the box "Follow streamers on this leg".

If, instead, you wish to mark only part of the leg, you need to insert an "end of marked route" object at the point on the map where you want the marked route to end. (There is a tool in the toolbar on the right that lets you create such "end of marked route" object)
Then insert this object in the appropriate leg on the course.
March 24, 2004 09:36PM
Hello Finn
I would need the opposite: to have first an open leg to a point wehere the taped route starts, i.e. a full line, then the dashed lined and the full line again. Example: the control is some 200 m in the forest, the way to the marked routed over the open field is free orienteering and after crossing the field its free again. But i do not want to place a control at the very beginning of the taped route.
Is thi possible somehow today?
Finn Arildsen
April 01, 2004 10:24PM

Hi Marcel

My proposed solution is to put a mandatory crossing where you want to start the marked route, then end the marked route with an "End of marked route" point.

1) Create a mandatory crossing symbol and an End of Marked Route "symbol". There are tools in the right hand toolbar for either of these symbols.

2) Insert these two newly created symbol into the course just as you would insert a control.

3) The leg between the mandatory crossing symbol and the End of Marked Route symbol will now be dashed, and you can bend it by inserting points as necessary.

Finn

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator