Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exported bitmap with ESRI-word file

Condes have a nice function to export the map/courses as bitmap in various formats. I recently noticed that also a world file is created for the bitmap (ESRI type of world file), which is great.

I have experienced that the upper left corner definition in the world file is wrong, and do not correspond to the upper left corner of the bitmap. The error is not huge, it is approximately 70 meter East, and 665 meter north. As a double-check, when exporting an XML-file in IOF version 3.0, the coordinates of the controls are exactly correct.
Also I noticed, if I make a bitmap export of just a small part of the map, with not the same "upper left corner" as the complete map, still the World file is exactly the same.

The background map is in OCAD 10, and have proper horizontal and vertical offset defined in meter.

This is not a critical function for me. I just noticed the created Word-file, and start to try how I could make benefit of that functionality, when I experienced the coordinate error in the World-file.
Finn Arildsen
Re: Exported bitmap with ESRI-word file
July 28, 2015 11:22AM
Hi Per-Erik

Many thanks for your feedback. The world file offset issue will be fixed in the next release.

regards,
Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 4.88 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator