Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OCAD Dash-point in consecutive dashes

I have experienced that a map with paths using OCAD Dash-point will not be properly rendered when printing from Condes (and on the screen).
Instead of rendering the paths with controlled positions of the dashes, the path instead is printed as a continuous line. The problem only occurs if two consecutive dashes uses "dash point".
One can argue if it is really necessary to use dash points on two consecutive dashes in OCAD. However, that is printed as expected in OCAD, but not in Condes.
I have observed this just recently (2015), I have the impression it has worked in earlier versions of Condes, but I could be wrong in that.
I have Condes 9.1.6 and OCAD 10.
Finn Arildsen
Re: OCAD Dash-point in consecutive dashes
July 28, 2015 11:33AM
Hi Per-Erik

Thanks for reporting this.

Release 9.1.5 implemented a number of improvements to the rendering of OCAD dashed lines. Unfortunately, it also introduced an inaccuracy in the calculation of number of dashes between two dashpoints, for the case when the OCAD line symbol has "min. number of gaps" set to 0. When dash points are close, this could lead to a solid line with zero gaps (i.e. ONE dash) between the two dash points, even when OCAD does put one gap.

This issue will be solved in the next release.

Regards,
Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator