Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windows 8 & 10

Posted by Fran 
Windows 8 & 10
July 03, 2015 04:22PM
Has anyone encountered problems with Condes and Windows 8 (or 10 )?
I am about to change my computer which runs quite happily on Windows 7, and I am wondering if anyone has encountered any problems with W8 or 10(when it arrives)?
Finn Arildsen
Re: Windows 8 & 10
July 03, 2015 05:01PM
Hi Fran,

Although I don't have any first hand experience with Windows 8, I do have reports from a number of users who use Condes 9 on Windows 8 without any problems.

I don't foresee any problems with Windows 10, but am prepared to take action if any such issues should arise.

Finn
Re: Windows 8 & 10
July 08, 2015 08:51PM
Many thanks Finn. I hope that I will be OK, once I have found the time to re-visit my local computer store with your information. They are very good at providing customised computers to all sorts of nationalities, but they ask for detailed info of each programme that I use.
Windows 10 - This App can't run on your PC
February 09, 2016 10:35PM
Hi Support Team

I have had Condes version 9.1.2 running on Windows 10 without issues for months. Tried to do the upgrade to version 9.2.1 and received the message 'This app can't run on your PC". I thought this meant that I needed to uninstall ConDes and do a clean install. After uninstalling I get the same message if I try to install either version of Condes.

Any thoughts on how I can overcome this?

Regards
Ian
Finn Arildsen
Re: Windows 10 - This App can't run on your PC
February 09, 2016 10:59PM
Ian,
I have not seen or heard about this message before. Condes 9.2.1 runs on my own Windows 10 system. Does the message come when you try to run the installation program or only when you have installed and try to run Condes itself?

Regards,
Finn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2016 07:32AM by finn.
February 10, 2016 12:24AM
The problem occurs when I try to run the installation program. I am currently in a situation where I do not have Condes installed and very much regret uninstalling it.
February 10, 2016 01:22AM
Hi Finn

Thank you for the quick response before. I have resolved the issue. I downloaded the file again but this time I selected your alternative site.

If I download from your normal site, not all of the file is downloaded to my Windows 10 PC. For some reason it is your alternative site that downloads the full file and this installs perfectly.

I have checked this using my Surface Pro 1 also running Windows 10. Same thing happens. It falters when downloading from your initial download link resulting in only some of the file coming down. Your alternative download site again worked fine and I was able to do the upgrade without uninstalling first.

Thanks again and I hope this will be useful to other users.

Regards
Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2016 11:08PM by ian.rathbone.
February 10, 2016 11:06PM
Please note that my previous message has been changed to reflect that only the alternative download area works with Windows 10
Finn Arildsen
February 10, 2016 11:37PM
Unfortunately, there seems to a problem with the web server that results in the downloaded installation file being truncated under some circumstances. My web service provider has not been able to reproduce the problem and thus has not solved it.

Meanwhile, I have swapped the links so that the "main" link points to the alternate server, which does not seem to have this problem.

Regards,
Finn
Author:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator