Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exporting graphics to OCAD

Posted by Philip Baxter 
Exporting graphics to OCAD
April 25, 2015 12:51PM
I am trying to export relay courses to OCAD. I have added 'Relay Course Variation' and 'Course Part' text to the Condes file, each with a white background; when exported to OCAD the white background appears but not the text. In addition, a jpg logo graphic does not seen to export at all!
Re: Exporting graphics to OCAD
April 26, 2015 06:49PM
In addition I note 2 odd behaviours within the relay control description box on export to OCAD. When courses are split at a map exchange with a taped route to a second start, in Condes the control description box for Part 2 starts with the taped route and then the next control. When exported to OCAD the control description box starts at the map exchange control, then the taped route, then the next control. Second, when exported to OCAD the Condes rubric that sits in small letters below the control description box of Part 2 moves into the 'final control to finish' space in the control description itself. This might be the result of an extra control (the map exchange control) appearing and thus lengthening the space occupied by the control description box.
Finn Arildsen
Re: Exporting graphics to OCAD
April 27, 2015 09:09PM
Hi Philip,

When exporting to OCAD, text objects will be included, but other graphics objects such as bitmaps, will not be included. Text objects can – to some extent - be considered part of the course overprint. The exported format is OCAD 8, which does not support graphics objects.
So, apart from the missing texts, this behavior is intended.

I have also noted the odd behavior for the relay control descriptions.

I will strive to fix these peculiarities in the coming maintenance release.

Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 4.88 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator