Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New coordinatesystem

Posted by Johan Hallgren 
New coordinatesystem
December 29, 2014 08:16AM
Hello,

I have get a new map at a new coordinatesystem so I have to move all controls to match the new map.

Is it possible att move all controls together or do I have to redo everything?

Best Regards,
Johan
Finn Arildsen
Re: New coordinatesystem
December 29, 2014 08:45AM
Hi Johan

When replacing the map file with a new one that uses a different coordinate system, the controls will no longer match the control locations on the map.

To rectify this problem, there is a feature called "move map". This feature shifts the map underneath the controls. It works so that you point at a control location and drag it with the mouse to the correct location. You access this feature via the Canvas / Move map menu option.

Regards,
Finn
Hi Finn, I had to do this recently. I could move the map easily enough but the last "fine tuning" was difficult. You provide a way of moving a single control circle by very small amounts, when the map has to be moved it is even more important to make very fine adjustments to get it right. Is there a tool I missed? A second question, when I have several versions of the map at different scales on different canvases, there seems,to be some "magic" which puts the enlargements in exactly the right place on their canvas. But when I moved the main map above, I had to also move the enlargements. Was there a way to avoid this?
Finn Arildsen
Re: New coordinatesystem
May 27, 2016 02:46AM
Hi Michael

Unfortunately, there is no graphics tool to nudge the map in place, like there is for control circles. However, via the menu Canvas / map, under the Details button, you can fine tune the offset.

As for the second question, the offset setting is individual for each canvas. So a secondary map will not move with the primary map. You should be able to use the offset setting as a more convenient way to correct the secondary map placement.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll consider this for a future version.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 2 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator