Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding map files

Posted by John Franklin 
Adding map files
October 06, 2014 10:42PM
I am something of a novice with Condes.

I created an event file with the two digital maps I was sent a few weeks back.

I have now been sent an updated map and want to add it to the existing event file.
There's space for 5 canvasses and I have only used 2.

Unfortunately despite reading all the manuals and Help documents I can view, I can find no way of doing this
Do I have to start over but creating another event file or is there some other method please?

Thanks,

John.
Finn Arildsen
Re: Adding map files
October 06, 2014 11:42PM
HI John,

I think the "secret" that you are looking for is the Canvas menu. In particular the menu option Canvas / Map.

However, if you need to replace the original map file with a new one, and the new file has the same file name as the original one, then simply copy the new file on top of, replacing, the original file. Condes will automatically detect that the file has been changed and read the new map.

In general, the menu Canvas / Map is used when configuring what map is used on a given canvas. So, you can use this menu also to replace the original map on a canvas with a new one.

If, instead, as you suggest, you want to place the new map on a "fresh" canvas, e.g. Canvas 3, then first select canvas 3 in the drop list over the canvas, and use the menu Canvas / map to select the new map file onto that canvas.

Similarly, the menu Canvas / Controls is used when configuring which controls are used on a given canvas. You can link to controls on another canvas. This is the default for canvas 2 - 5. Or you can select to use separate controls on the canvas.

I hope this points in the right direction.

Best regards,
Finn
Re: Adding map files
October 07, 2014 10:56AM
Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated.

Map now loaded.

John
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator