Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Logos and canvases

Posted by Kim Kasperski 
Logos and canvases
July 31, 2012 04:41AM
Hi Finn

I wanted to use another canvas for a course so I could reposition the print boundary and logos. So, when I set up the new canvas, I selected 'also use the overlaid graphics objets and texts from that canvas'. However, I did not realize that if I moved the logos or writing in one canvas, they were moved in the other as well. Is there something I am missing? I know I can unselect that box and just redo all the logos and writing, but I always hope for an easier way. Thanks for any advice!

Kim
Finn Arildsen
Re: Logos and canvases
July 31, 2012 10:18AM
Hi Kim,

Thanks for bringing up this question.

In summary, when using multiple canvases, it is possible to "link" two canvases, so that they use the same map and/or the same controls.
This can be useful when for example some courses need to be printed at one scale, and other courses at another scale.
Similarly, the course ovrprint symbols (e.g. out-of-bounds areas) and/or the graphic objects (e.g. bitmap graphics, text, and logos) can be linked between canvases.

When canvases are linked, the linked objects exist only in one instance, so when you modify an object on one canvas, the change will automatically be reflected on the linked canvas.

So, to answer your question, there is currently no shortcut when you want the same logos on two canvases, but located differently. In this case, you need to uncheck the box that links graphics objects, and create the logo again on the second canvas.

In Condes 9 it will be possible to copy/paste objects via the clipboard from one canvas to another. This will hopefully alleviate this shortcoming.

Best regards,
Finn
July 31, 2012 11:58PM
Hi Finn

Thanks for the reply. At least I know it was not something I missed :-).

Kim
December 14, 2012 04:16AM
I'm unclear on how this solves the problem.

Typical example: using the same map at the same scale, I have 7 course maps to prepare, and on each, I have 4 text boxes plus 6 graphic elements to include, but on each course, these 10 elements have to be positioned differently (independently).

In Condes 8, about the only way to do this that I know of is to first create the 7 courses and 4 text boxes, then import the 6 graphic elements, then save before creating 7 more Condes files (one per course). Then edit each of the 7 Condes files. Of course, any subsequent change to the map, courses/controls, text boxes or graphic elements may need to be propagated 7 times, once in each file.

Assuming a limit of 5 canvases, and nothing else changing, I don't see how copying from a clipboard will improve this in Condes 9. Or is there a better way than outlined in the above paragraph, in either Condes 8 or the future Condes 9, to achieve independent positioning of text boxes and graphic elements (in a way that can be saved) on a per-course basis?
Finn Arildsen
December 26, 2012 03:03PM
Hi Greg,

I think the missing piece of information is that in Condes 9, graphics objects can be configured as "all courses" or "only this course" So when you want graphics objects placed differently on different courses, you create (or configure) the graphics objects as "only this course", then copy/paste them onto the other courses, where you can move them to a suitable location.

Best regards,
Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator