Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Custom symbol files

Posted by Greg Hawthorne 
Custom symbol files
April 27, 2012 04:58AM
Hi Finn,

I'm confused as to how the custom symbol files option works.
If I create my own symbol file (e.g. MySymbols.dat) as a copy of Wconsyms2004.dat and edit an entry, I get a warning message "Cannot open a symbol file for write" after clicking OK in the Symbol dialog box, but any edited symbols are shown as I amended them in the list box in the Select Symbol dialog box, and are applied to courses set while that instance of Condes is running.

If I save the event file and exit Condes, when I next run Condes with that event file, the symbols revert to the standard set, even though the symbol file is shown as MySymbols.dat in the Folder Settings tab of the Standard Settings dialog box.

If I then try to select MySymbols.dat by clicking on "Use my own symbool file Select existing file...", I get the message "MySymbols.dat This file is set to read-only. Try again with a different name."

Any suggestions?
Finn Arildsen
Re: Custom symbol files
April 27, 2012 09:04AM
Hi Greg,

I think the problem might be that when Condes copies the standard symbol file to a new location to be used as a custom symbol file, it also accidentally copies the "Read-Only" attribute of the file.

The workaround is to find the symbol file in Windows Explorer and remove the "Read-Only" attribute from the file.

A correction to the copying problem will be published in an upcoming maintenance release (8.2.18)

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator