Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Condes now refuses to launch

Posted by Chris 
Condes now refuses to launch
April 26, 2012 10:23AM
Needing some help please - previously Condes was working fine on Windows 7 Home (64bit) on a laptop. Now for some reason the application fails to launch. Double click the desktop shortcut or even the .exe file and get spinning circle mouse pointer for a split second, then nothing. Have looked in task manager - doesn't seem to be any reference to condes in processes. Have also re-installed OS - still no joy. Furhter to this, I have also installed in Win 7 Pro (64 bit) in Virtual Box under Mac OS X Lion, and had this working with no problems. Now the virtual box install seems to have gone the same was as the laptop, and will no longer launch Condes.

I'm hoping there is a straight forward solution to this.

I have an event coming up for which I am the planner, so really need to try and resolve this.

Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.
Finn Arildsen
Re: Condes now refuses to launch
April 26, 2012 12:29PM
Hi Chris,

Do you have any anti virus programs installed that may interfere? If you do, please try to disable it temporarily to see if it makes any difference.

Regards,
Finn
Re: Condes now refuses to launch
April 26, 2012 01:49PM
Hi Finn

Many thanks for this - I was using Comodo. Whilst I'd tried closing Comodo down, there must have been something still running in the background. As soon as I uninstaled Comodo, it's all fine. Have tried Avast and that seems to be fine with Condes. So all up and running on both machines.

Thanks once again, and also for the quick response - only wish I'd thought about uninstalling Comodo.

Regards
Chris
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator