Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

center dot in control circles

Posted by Asger Jensen 
When I export the course to OCAD or EPS there appears an undesired dot in the center of the control circle. How can I avoid this ?
Finn Arildsen
Re: center dot in control circles
August 03, 2009 10:01AM
Hej Asger,

The dot is shown for all ski-O courses. Are you sure that you haven't accidentally defined your course as a Ski-O course?

Best regards,
Finn
Thanks. It was the case. But it happens easily when you open the course dialog window and use the mouse scrollwheel because that field has focus.
Finn Arildsen
August 04, 2009 12:28AM
Admitted, this is not ideal.
Note that my interpretation of the rules is that the centre dot should be used for clarification for Ski-O controls where it is required, not necessarily for the whole course.

The newer 2010 MTB rules makes this very clear by having 2 different symbols, the dotted circle for where it is needed and the empty one for other places (702 and 840).

I am a bit puzzled why the Ski-O one is 810 - maybe there is a different range of circle dimensions for the two. There is a slight variation in size of centre dot I suppose. The other difference is nasty - when layering colours the Purple circle should be below the Green colour used for the Ski-O tracks, but the centre-dot has to be ABOVE the Green so it can be seen ... I don't know about MTB-O w.r.t this.

I guess ideally I'd like to see all courses have a default circle of no-dot with the option to change on a per-control basis (an additional per-course default might also be appropriate). I include Foot-O in this only since for some types of lower-key micro-sprints I have used centre-dot in the past so I didn't need to provide control descriptions.

Apart from the centre-dot are there any other differences between Ski-O and Foot-O in CONDES? Availability of equipment change for instance?

Cheers

JK
Finn Arildsen
September 23, 2010 10:58PM
Hi John

Your insightful thoughts are noted as input to a future version. Thanks!

Best regards,
Finn
I too would like to see the centre dot as optional for each control - in our case for a score event (rogaine). These maps are often about 1:30,000 and th edot helps when placing controls on some features.
Finn Arildsen
February 25, 2012 11:54AM
This functionality is planned for Condes 9. Thanks for providing valuable feedback.

Finn
I would like to see centre dot for Score Courses, as an option. I am setting an MTBO event as a score course. The dot would be ideal.
Finn Arildsen
January 24, 2014 05:31PM
If you are using Condes 9, you can configure each control individually to have a dot in the centre of the circle.

To configure this, select the control circle, then use the menu Control / Control circle to get to the Control Circle dialog. In this dialog, you can configure the dot at the centre, as well as the colour and line width for the circle. You can also configure if the circle should have a white outline on the circle and whether the control number should have a white outline. All of these settings override the overall settings for the canvas.

Finn
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator