Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing a map on multiple sheets

Posted by Dave 
Printing a map on multiple sheets
August 02, 2009 08:42PM
Hi Finn,

I have a map layout that is 11x17". If I try to print it on 2 - 8.5x11" sheets there is s small strip of the map missing where the 2 pages join. Is there a way around this. Something similar to what OCAD does would be great - it allows you to specify the horizontal and vertical overlap.

Thanks

Dave
Finn Arildsen
Re: Printing a map on multiple sheets
August 03, 2009 10:07AM
Hi Dave,

When printing, Condes gets information from the printer driver about the width and height of the printable area on the page. This is what Condes uses to divide the printout onto pages.

If the width/height information is slightly inaccurate, thie might lead to the effect that you describe, namely that there is a narrow strip of map missing between two pages. To introduce a setting to control the overlap between pages seem to be an obvious solution to such a problem. I'll put this on the wish list at high priority.

Best regards,
Finn
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator