Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mask Area - obscures sponsor logos

Posted by Adrian Zissos 
I’ve come across a little something with the Mask Area tool.

I’m doing a map layout and have a number of sponsor / partner logos to add to the map. When I place the logos – no problem, the background is blanked out. However the problem is that when I have a number of logos close to each other I would also like to blank out the area between the logos. To do this I tried to use the Mask Area feature, but this feature actually also masks out the logos. Would it be possible to have an option to put the mask area below logos? Or perhaps it would be better to have this by default?
Finn Arildsen
Re: Mask Area - obscures sponsor logos
March 23, 2009 08:35PM
The "layering" is currently so that the mask areas belong to the course layer, ie. on top of the map, whereas the overlaid graphics, such as logos, belong to the map layer.

This is the reason why a mask area will also mask a logo that you have overlaid on top of the map with the "overlaid graphics" functionality.

I see your point. It seems there is a need for mask areas at different layers.

Your example shows a need for a mask may mask out the map, but not any overlaid graphics.

If overlaid graphics is used to "compose" a map from different parts, it may be useful to mask out everything at the map layer, but not the course layer.

I have put this on my to-do list.

Best regards,
Finn
Same problem than Adrian. Is there now a new possibilities with the mask layers or is it still that you have to cut the mask around the logos?
Finn Arildsen
July 01, 2011 10:07AM
Hello Steffen

There will be additional functionality to handle masked areas in Condes 9.

Best regards,
Finn Arildsen
Thanks. Are there any detailed plans for the publishing of CONDES 9?
Finn Arildsen
July 06, 2011 09:33PM
Hi Steffen,

I'm working hard on it. However, it's still a bit early to say precisely when - it depends a bit on how well I progress with the implementation.

Regards,
Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator