Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ordinary map change

Posted by Helge 
Ordinary map change
July 15, 2008 09:22PM
I have read the answer to Ian and the Map change help text, but it does not seem to work for me. I have an ordinary course with start, 18 controls and a finish and I need to make a map change with start and 13 controls on one map (Finish must not be shown on this map due to spectator controls close to the finish. And start at control no. 13 and the remaining 5 controls and finish at the second map.

The idea with a new start triangle gives me the following problems:
- on the second map, controls are numbered 1,2,3... but should be 14, 15, 16
- on the first map, I can place a finish cirle in a random place and delete the line to it, but there is still finish information in the control description.
- in the hand-out control description, I would like to be able to indicate that map should be turned after control 13.
Finn Arildsen
Re: Ordinary map change
July 15, 2008 10:26PM
Hi Helge

As I understand it, your problem is that want to avoid printing the finish on the first part of a course with map change. Is this correct?

When you want to create a map change on a course, you would normally designate a map change control and set the type of the control to "control with map change".
Each course that visits the map change control can be printed in parts, when you use the "printout / maps with courses" menu. There is a little "+" next to the course name, and you can click on this "+" to reveal the parts of the course.

Alternatively, you can add a start point and enter this into the course in the sequence of controls.
(This does NOT make the course restart control numbering from 1. I suspect that you have created a separate course to handle part two of the course. Is this correct?)

One comment: On each part of a course with map change, you should always show the finish, so that competitors that have to abandon the course, can find the finish and report.
This is the reason why Condes always shows the finish on each part of a course with map change.

There is one "trick" to avoid printing the finish, but I would not recommend it. You can use multiple canvases, and put the same map (Course Layouts / Map) on two different canvases, but make the controls be separate (Course Layouts / Controls) on the two canvases.
If you omit the finish control on the second canvas, you can print the first part of the course from this canvas and since the finish doesn't exist on this canvas, you can avoid having the finish on that map.
Anonymous User
February 14, 2011 10:01AM
hello Finn.

I have a similar situation here: having a course with two loops on one map I would like to split the course and print it on two maps (front and back side of the paper).
At the end of the first loop I have marked the control as "control with map change".
That's all fine but I wonder if there is a way to add individual information on the two pages? E.g. "Part 1" on the map with the first loop and "Part 2" on the one with the second loop.

Thanks Ueli
Finn Arildsen
February 14, 2011 10:07AM
Hi Ueli
I can see the need for this so that the competitor quickly can see which side of the map is part 1 and which side is part 2.

Unfortunately, the current version doesn't support such individual texts on different parts of the course. I have noted this as a high priority request that will certainly be included in the next major release.

Best regards,
Finn
Anonymous User
February 14, 2011 10:19AM
thank you for your answer Finn,

it's good to know so I don't have to spend time and search the manual. And regarding the event I'll using the map change there aren't that many maps so I can write this piece of information by hand.

regard Ueli
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator