Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to place a control description on the map

Posted by Steffen 
Steffen
How to place a control description on the map
January 13, 2008 01:38PM
I want place the controldescription on the map. I read the help file but this was really helpless because I didn´t find any of the buttons are named there. Why couldn´t this handled as easy like in condes 7. Sorry to say but at the moment i think buying Condes 8 was really waste of money.
Finn Arildsen
Re: How to place a control description on the map
January 13, 2008 04:36PM
Hallo Steffen

I know that the change from version 7 to version 8 in this respect has caused confusion for some users, and I acknowledge your criticism.

There is an on-line help topic about how to place a control description on the map, I will see if I can improve the text in this topic.

There is also a "Condes 8 demo video" (on the Condes home page) called "Place control description on the map", which shows in detail how to do this.

Briefly, a control description is placed on the map similarly to how other overprint symbols are placed. There is a tool button in the toolbar to the right of the map, called "New Control Description". Select this tool by clicking on the button, then click on the map where you want the new control description. In the configuration dialog that now opens, you can most often just click OK to accept the default settings.

There is a lot of new functionality in Condes 8, and as with new versions of any other software, it takes a bit of effort to become familiar with the features. I have done my best to try to make it easy to go from version 7 to version 8, but I realise that there is always more that could have been done.

Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator