Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connecting lines between controls

Posted by Dave Mawdsley 
Finn,

We sometimes need to have two connecting lines between a pair of controls to indicate that one of two possible mandatory crossing points must be used. Is there a way of doing this? I can draw an extra line using the "boundary line" feature but this will, of course, appear on all maps, not merely the course concerned

Dave
Finn Arildsen
Re: Connecting lines between controls
November 02, 2007 11:14AM
Hi Dave,

This is the first time I hear about this concept. Condes does not currently have any specific support for this.

The international standard is to show the mandatory crossing points on the map, if necessary together with a boundary line that follows the fence or other obstacle that cannot be crossed. The boundary line indicates a "no-crossing" boundary, and it it thicker than a leg line, The leg line should in this case be a bee line between controls.

Obviously, I am not familiar with the reasoning behind using two lines, but in general I would recommend sticking with the international standard practice. If for nothing else, then to avoid confusing people who are not familiar with local conventions.

regards,
Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator