Condes course setting
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2-sided printing

Posted by Kim Kasperski 
2-sided printing
October 07, 2007 03:51AM
As a new user of Condes I probablly missed something obvious but I have not been able to figure it out.

I really like the feature of Condes that automatically puts a border around a defined print area on a map and does not print the rest of the much bigger map.

The printer I have can print on both sides of the page at the same time. What I would like to do is somehow create a second "print area" that could contain such things as a legend, text, an extra control description (for example) that would print on the back of the map. I can use a mask and extend the print area to increase to a second page to include all the extras but then the border is broken up, part of it now printing on the back.

So, is there any way to keep the nice border around the map on the one side of the page but extend the print area so items will print on the back of the map?

Thanks!
Finn Arildsen
Re: 2-sided printing
October 07, 2007 06:37AM
Hi Kim,

What you could do is to use another "canvas" to define a print area that fits on the back.

Use the pull-down list at the top left to go to canvas 2. Assign the same map as on canvas 1 by using the "Course Layout" / "Setup map" menu. Define the print area for this canvas as appropriate. Double click on the print area border to get a dialog to turn off the frame line around the print area.

When you print, first print the course from canvas 1 on the front, then print whatever you defined on canvas on the back.

Does this make sense?

Finn
October 08, 2007 10:42PM
Thanks Finn.smiling smiley

Yes your instructions were very clear and I was able to follow them easily.
That will definitely be one possibility.

What I will still try to figure out is a way that does not involve feeding the map through the printer a second time. With a duplexing printer like the one our club has, the printer automatically prints 2 pages on the front and back of a sheet of paper so the print area has to cover two pages for this to be possible.

Thanks again for your help!

Kim
Finn Arildsen
October 09, 2007 08:02AM
Hi Kim

This is a bit tricky, but you can perhaps do like this:

1. Create a "dummy" course, which has its own print area. Double click on the print area frame, and set the print area to be "specific to this course". Then adjust the print area to fit whatever you need on the back.

2. When you print a course from the Print / Maps with courses menu, check the course you want to print, and also the "dummy" course. Make sure that each of these go on separate pages - you can use Preview for this. Then Print - and each of the two pages should be printed in one job. If the printer settings are correct, then they should be printed on the same sheet.

Finn
October 11, 2007 05:03AM
Thank you Finn. I will give that a try.

Many thanks fro coming up with a solution.

Regards,
Kim
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator